What You’ll need
- 4 Duck legs
- 1 Lime
- 1 Sour orange
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 cups of water
- 2 TBS of ginger
- 2 TBS of lite soy sauce
- 1 TBS of Worchestire sauce
- 2 TBS white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp of sour orange marinade
- Olive oil
- Mango Chutney
- Clean duck thoroughly with lime, rinse, then scrub with sour orange…..meanwhile in a pot boil about 5 cups of water. You will use this water to chaude the duck
- Once the water has boiled pour it over the duck. Allow the duck to remain in the hot water bath for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix chopped ginger, soy sauce, worchestire sauce, 2 cups of water, white wine vinegar.
- Remove the duck from the hot water, sprinkle both sides of each leg with adobo then pour the marinade over it. Place it in the refrigerator to marinate for at east 2 hours.
- Once the duck is done marinating, bake covered at 350F for 1-1.5 hour (until the duck is cooked through).
- After the duck is cooked, brush a generous amount of mango chutney on each leg
- Broil on high for 3 minutes, this will make the skin dark and crispy.
- Fill a deep pot with water, add in a few garlic cloves, salt and adobo to taste.
- Bring water to a boil then add in cleaned kale.
- Boil the Kale for 5 minutes.
- In a deep skillet, heat olive oil, add in sliced garlic, thyme, chopped basil, mustard seeds. Cook for 5 minutes of medium heat. Make sure not to let the garlic burn.
- Add in cooked kale
- Toss Kale with herb infused oil. Cover and allow to simmer until the kale is fully cooked
- Split the squash into half
- Place each piece meaty side down into a baking pan. Fill the pan with water (should reach half way up the squash)
- Baked covered with aluminum foils for at 350F for 45 minutes..or until squash can be pierced with a fork.
- Once the squash is cooked, use a spoon to removed the seeds. Using a fork, remove the meat of the squash from the skin (the “spaghetti strands will separate as you do so).
- Transfer to pan and saute using the same ingredients/method as the kale.