My hair regimen has always been very simple. When went natural it was to cut back the amount of time that I spent on styling my hair and of course to be free of the harsh relaxers. When I first did the Big Chop, I would cowash every morning. That went on for about 2 years until my hair become too long for cowashing every day (of course wet shoulders in the winter time wasn’t fun). Like many new naturals I faced issues with dryness, single strand knots, and being style challenged didn’t help make the situation any better. Now, more than 4 years after I big chopped I can say that I’m at a good place in my hair journey. My hair is healthy and long. I’m still style “challenged” but I can get away with since I can do some pretty neat buns.
- Apply reconstructor (leave on for 30 minutes), rinse
- Deep condition (leave on for 30 minutes), rinse
- Apply conditioner (I like assuie moist)
- Apply avocado butter to my damp hair then blow dry
- Part hair into 4 sections then flat iron (I use 1″ sections).